Posted on Jan 2, 2009 in Life
As is normal for a lot of people to do at this time of year, I have been looking back over the last twelve months of my life to see what has changed. Disappointingly I’ve come to conclusion that not a lot has changed, I have not made any sugnificent progress in a many areas of my life.
I guess the problem is I’m too happy with my life and I’m stuck in my comfort zone.
What progress I have made has been in the area of Fitness. I’ve lost a bit of weight and I am in much better shape and fitness that I was a year ago. This is due to the other area that I’ve made progress over the last twelve months, Karate. I’ve started the year as a Orange belt (7th Kyu) and due a to fair bit of hard work I’ve finished it as a Brown belt (3rd Kyu)
The other highlights for a rather unremarkable year that I can remember include;
- Rediscovering a love for Marvel Comics.
- Taking family holidays to Legoland and Ireland.
- Travel for work to Copenhagen, Lytham, Tamworth , Colnbrooke, (other North West Place), Newcastle, and Sheffield
- Getting another chance to make a fool of myself in public with Karaoke
- Brought in partners to help take ObscureInternet forward
- My sister’s battle with cancer (agmost othe problems), and my Grannie passing away.
- Finally finishing The C64Glen Show #5 (Watching that and this and the Outtakes has inspired me to want to do another video).
- Getting a Wii Fit, and starting to track my weight
- Starting, but never finishing, onehundredpushups (back in June)
- Attempting (and failing, natch) to reduce the amount of tea I drink.
- Mr Wood doing what I thought was impossible, and becoming a married man.
Finally here is 2008 in somewhat random photos.