Posted on Nov 4, 2009 in 40 Things
Right, it’s time for the first 40 Things update. These things are a nightmare to write. So from now on, I’ll only be doing a full update every quarter year. I will however provide updates on individual goals as they get updated.
This being the first update there isn’t a lot of progress anywhere, but there is some clarification of the goals themselves.
- Jump out of an Aeroplane – (0% Complete)
- Raise 1000 pounds for charity – (00.5% Complete)
- Bungee Jump – (0% Complete)
- Go Skiing – (0% Complete)
- Learn to Surf – (0% Complete)
- Become a black belt in Karate – (70% Complete)
- Have a piece of writing published – (0% Complete)
- Perform stand-up comedy – (0% Complete)
- Dye my hair blonde – (0% Complete)
- Buy a House – (0% Complete)
- Get out of debt – (0% Complete)
- Learn to cook, properly. – (0% Complete)
- Go to New York – (0% Complete)
- Get Teeth straightened – (0% Complete)
- Have lazek surgery on my eyes – (0% Complete)
- Get a nose job – (0% Complete)
- Learn a foreign language – (0% Complete)
- Run a marathon – (0% Complete)
- Do 100 push ups, 200 sit-ups, and 20 pull-ups in a single session. – (17% Complete)
- Sort out a proper diet, so I eat many different health foods – (0% Complete)
- Have 10% or less body fat – (0% Complete)
- Arrange a big party or event – (0% Complete)
- Make A Will – (0% Complete) <
- Go back into education and a qualification. – (0% Complete)
- Run a successful website. – (0% Complete)
- Produce a Podcast/Internet Radio Show. – (0% Complete)
- Learn to Dance properly. – (0% Complete)
- Meet some of my heroes. – (0% Complete)
- Go to a music festival. – (0% Complete)
- Set up a real retirement savings plan. – (0% Complete)
- Put myself on the bone marrow transplant donor list. – (0% Complete)
- Read all of the BBC Top 100 reads – (9% Complete)
- Speak in front of a large audience. – (0% Complete)
- Scuba Dive. – (0% Complete)
- Learn to play an instrument. – (0% Complete)
- See the northern lights. – (0% Complete)
- Sleep under the stars/Go camping. – (0% Complete)
- Have backstage passes at a big show. – (0% Complete)
- Go to an international sporting event. – (0% Complete)
- Join a Gym. – (0% Complete)
Wow this is expensive. £330.00 for a Free Fall Package! This one can wait a while, will probably do it as part of the next item at some point.
50 odd quid raised so far with a Charity Walk. An Absiel for charity in December is coming next.
A Bungee jump can also be done as part of the raising money for charity thing, so no rush for this one just yet.
I’m in no Rush to going Skiing either.
I’ll need to sort out a trip to some where warm before doing this one, I’d like to learn on a sun drenched beach somewhere rather than somewhere on the North-East coast.
I am currently a 3kyu Brown Belt in Wado-Kai, I might make this before I’m 40 but it won’t be easy.
Need to keep practicing writing, I’m a long way from this goal at the moment.
The temptation is to fine some obscure Comedy Club miles away from here on Open Mic night, but I think I’ll need to do a bit of perpartion first.
I’ve talked about doing this one for years. I need some special events as an excuse, also the wife is not keen on this one at all.
Hah! Moving on….
3 Years of the car loan left, and a little bit of credit card debt. However Christmas is coming.
The wife was over the moon when she saw this goal. I think I’ll defer this one until after Christmas.
Hah! Moving on….
I’ve got a form for the dentist, got a feeling this one will cost a lot of time, money and pain.
Will be getting my perscription checked in the new year. Will look into this them.
Wow plastic surgery is expensive, crazy money just for a consultancy.
I’ll be surprised if I get as far picking an Language. Hindi or Mandarin might be useful from a business point of view.
I’ve not ran anything over 1km in years. I need to get back on the treadmill and get those legs working again.
So my record is about 40-5-0. I currently don’t anything to do pull ups on.
I’ve been investigating this, this will be done with the Learn to cook goal.
I Really need to get my Body Fat Monitor fixed, and find out what my current body fat is.
I have an event in mind, but it’s not for a while yet.
Don’t really need to worry about this yet, as I don’t have enough of an estate to require a Will.
The logical step would be get an ITIL V3 qualification. I should really do that.
hah! Sore point at the moment. Will be a clear picture in the new year.
I’ve go no excuse for not having done this yet. All I really need to do is set up my mic.
Properly like proper dance lessons from a proper dance instuctor.
This is hard because I’ve have a small amount of heroes and they are not your normal heroes.
The big question is, do I count Middlesbrough Music live? I think not, as that would be too easy.
I have a personal pension plan, but I would like to set up my own saving plans. Need to sort out a joint new bank account first.
First step is to start giving blood again.
I’ve read nine of these and I’ve got some of these books already on my ebook reader. Have just started to read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
I have no idea, moving on.
Waiting for that holiday in the sun.
Does Guitar Hero Count? Joking aside it would be cool to learn how to play some songs of the Guitar.
Waiting for the hoilday in cold.
Another one I’m in no hurray to do.
Maybe some of the Olympics ?
Been on my list for four years, will stay on there for a while yet.