Posted on May 16, 2014 in Life
I’ve done that 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind thing. I put it my to-do list ages ago, I’m not entirely sure why. It say’s “Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer”. I’m no so sure about that. Here are my answers anyway;
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
28 (clean shave) – 31 (with beard). I’ve scientifically tested this with test subjects that have been drinking.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Not trying. Duh.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because we need to do stuff we don’t like to eat and pay the bills.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Probably. Actually, Yes, I will have.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I would like Karma/natural justice to be real, so I change that. That would be the best change the world I could think of.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
I would have to change jobs often, because doing the same job doesn’t make me happy.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I’m doing a little of both.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Given my current page, in a big panic. I’d work on becoming Peter Ustinov in Logan’s run.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Close to zero.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I’m very worried about them both.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I hate it when people criticizing people who aren’t there, even in jest. However I imagine I would just be very unresponsive to the point of being rude.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t give newborn Children advice. They are unable to understand it.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Most of them.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
No. Sounds like a stupid romanticisation of mental illness.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I hold a snooker queue really strangely.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because people are different, duh.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Live a life without financial constraints. Money, you can just check the comparethebets £30 offers and have some fun.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Old computers and Transformers.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Japan, China or somewhere as different as possible.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
No. No. I don’t think anyone does, they just don’t want try and do something helpful, even if it is useless.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I flip between the two depending on my mood.
- Why are you, you?
Because of Physics, Genetics and my experiences.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Probably the first, but I suck at keeping friends long term.
- What are you most grateful for?
The wife and son.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Losing my memory and starting from scratch again seems more like an adventure.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
What? This question is stupid. You need to question every assumption to find the truth, if that’s what you mean.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
I can’t remember when I fed the cats last never mind five years ago.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I don’t have a single best/favourite anything. I’m rubbish at that sort of thing.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Last night. When I feel the sun on me. After exercise. That time I punch that lad in the face.
- If not now, then when?
Tomorrow, or next week.
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
My job, family, money, etc.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
No. This is another stupid question.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
In short; Religions claim to be the only truth, and that other religions are wrong and evil. I think Christopher Hitchens answered this fully.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Everything is subjective.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Probably. Although I start my own business if I did.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
Somewhere in between.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Jesus, this is a pouncy question. Never.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Hmmm. That is actually an interesting and difficult question. The first thing I was thinking is I needed to know what my life expectancy was. I’d be very very tempted.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
I suppose the answer is supposed to me truly living is reaching for your goals and living in the moment, etc. However having if you are enjoying yourself doing nothing for a bit is being alive, do that too.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When you’ve been faffing about calculating for too long.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because mistakes are horrible and they make us feel very very stupid.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I dunno. I don’t think there is anything.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Yeah, Just now, Cheers.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
My family. Yes.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
No. Yesterday and Wednesday was pretty boring. Today I might
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’m making some of them. It’s not possible to make all of them sadly.
That’s all 50 of them. I’m not sure about you, but my mind doesn’t feel any freer.