I’ve decided that my life needs a long term challenge that I can track and share using this blog, therefore I’ve set myself a list of forty goals to complete before I hit the age of forty years old.
The List – Last updated December 2013 (27.5% Complete)
- Jump out of an Aeroplane – (0% Complete)
Wow this is expensive. £330.00 for a Free Fall Package! This is going on the 2013 list.
- Raise 1000 pounds for charity – (14% Complete)
95 quid raised for Zoe’s Place, and 50 for the NSPCC.
- Bungee Jump – (0% Complete)
A Bungee jump can also be done as part of the raising money for charity thing. Must get this done during 2013.
- Go Skiing – (0% Complete)
I’m in no Rush to do this.
- Learn to Surf – (0% Complete)
I’m in no Rush to do this one either. I’ll need to sort out a trip to some where warm before doing this one, I’d like to learn on a sun drenched beach somewhere rather than somewhere on the North-East coast.
- Become a black belt in Karate – (80% Complete)
I’m a 2 kyu Brown Belt in Wado-Kai, but haven’t been training in nearly a year. I must get back into training again soon.
- Have a piece of writing published – (20% Complete)
I’m marking this one as 20% Complete, as I’ve had writing for on ObscureInternet, Obsolete Gamer and few other sites posted. Just need to keep writing.
- Perform stand-up comedy – (0% Complete)
The temptation is to fine some obscure Comedy Club miles away from here on Open Mic night, but I think I’ll need to do a bit of preparation first. I not sure this will ever happen.
- Dye my hair blonde – (100% Complete)
I did this in 2012, it didn’t go well. Let’s not speak of it anymore.
- Buy a House – (0% Complete)
Hah! Moving on….
- Get out of debt – (50% Complete)
Car loan completed repaid, although the car is now dead, and the credit card is half way to being cleared.
- Learn to cook, properly. – (10% Complete)
I’ve started to cook the majority of my own meals, but they are only simple meals. I beginning to wonder, how I should define being able to ‘cook, properly’ properly.
- Go to New York – (0% Complete)
Hah! Moving on….
- Get Teeth straightened – (0% Complete)
Got a feeling this one will cost a lot of time, money and pain.
- Have lazek surgery on my eyes – (0% Complete)
I’m not sure I’m going to bother with this one at all.
- Get a nose job – (0% Complete)
Wow, plastic surgery is expensive, crazy money just for a consultancy.
- Learn a foreign language – (0% Complete)
Not one I’m motivated to do at the moment. I’ll be surprised if I get as far picking a Language. Hindi or Mandarin might be useful from a business point of view.
- Run a marathon – (0% Complete)
I’ve not ran in over a year. I need to get back on the treadmill and get those legs working again.
- Do 100 push ups, 200 sit-ups, and 20 pull-ups in a single session. – (17% Complete)
So my record is about 40-5-0. I currently don’t anything to do pull ups on.
- Sort out a proper diet, so I eat many different health foods – (100% Complete)
After a bit of research I finally got a diet sorted a few months back. I’m now eating healthy and making sure I get all my required dietary supplements.
- Have 15% or less body fat – (95% Complete)
Not long ago I posted about my Body Fat being measured at 15.5% which make me just short of my goal of 15%. You might also remember I abandoned a goal of 10% body fat as I thought it was overly optimistic goal. I think when I hit this goal, I’ll replace it with the 10% goal again.
- Arrange a big party or event – (100% Complete)
Helped arrange the wife surprise 40th Birthday party. Well, I didn’t tell anyone about it.
- Make A Will – (0% Complete)
Don’t really need to worry about this yet, as I don’t have enough of an estate to require a Will.
- Go back into education and a qualification. – (20% Complete)
I got an ITIL V3 qualification, not sure what to do next.
- Run a successful website. – (0% Complete)
hah! Sore point at the moment. Will be a clear picture in the new year.
- Produce a Podcast/Internet Radio Show. – (0% Complete)
I’ve really done nothing about this. I should just do a podcast sometime.
- Learn to Dance properly. – (0% Complete)
Properly like proper dance lessons from a proper dance instuctor.
- Meet some of my heroes. – (100% Complete)
I went to Back in Time Live 2013. I met Jeroen Tel, Fred Grey, Ben Daglish and David Whittaker. They are my Heroes.
- Go to a music festival. – (100% Complete)
As above I went to Back in Time Live 2013. If this doesn’t count as a music festival, I don’t want to go to one.
- Set up a real retirement savings plan. – (0% Complete)
I have a personal pension plan, but I would like to set up my own saving plans. Need to sort out a joint new bank account first.
- Put myself on the bone marrow transplant donor list. – (0% Complete)
First step is to start giving blood again.
- Read all of the BBC Top 100 reads – (25% Complete)
Twenty five books read now, and I can’t say I really fancy reading many of the ones left, but I’ll try and keep plodding on.
- Speak in front of a large audience. – (0% Complete)
I have no idea, moving on.
- Scuba Dive. – (0% Complete)
Waiting for that holiday in the sun.
- Learn to play an instrument. – (0% Complete)
Does Guitar Hero Count? Joking aside it would be cool to learn how to play some songs of the Guitar.
- See the northern lights. – (0% Complete)
Northern lights have been visible from the UK recently, but not from my location.
- Sleep under the stars/Go camping. – (100% Complete)
Yeah, this is done. I’ve been camping a couple of times with friends.
- Have backstage passes at a big show. – (0% Complete)
- Go to an international sporting event. – (50% Complete)
50% for the England U21 match at the Riverside.
- Join a Gym. – (100% Complete)
I also posted recently about joining the gym, so this one is complete.
This page will be updated with progress and you can follow my progress in the blog using the 40 things tag.